There is an important survey that they are asking all parents, staff and 5th grade students to complete. I am including the directions for your online survey. We have 30 days from Friday/ 3/15/13 to complete it. Our students will take the survey the first week that they are back. I put the directions also on our shared dropbox. Thank you for your time!
Staff School Climate Survey, 2012-13
Salt Creek Elementary
Your school needs you to complete this online survey to be in compliance with the No Child Left Behind Act of 2001 (NCLB).It is an opportunity to communicate your perceptions about fundamental learning supports and barriers at this school. This letter explains the survey and, at the bottom of the page, provides your login, password and access instructions. If you have any questions about this survey, contact Robyn Haber x6052 .
You will have access to this online survey for 30 days beginning __3_/_15__/_2013_.
The purpose of this survey is to obtain staff perceptions of student behavior and attitudes, school programs and policies, and the overall school climate as they relate to student well-being and learning. It deals with such issues as truancy, safety, harassment, substance use, school connectedness, and learning supports. The survey is a companion to the California Healthy Kids Survey (CHKS), a comprehensive student health risk and resilience assessment tool (grades 5, 7, 9 & 11) that CDE requires all districts to administer every two years (see www.wested.org/chks for more information). Minimally, it should be completed by all certificated staff working with grades five through twelve, including teachers and all other personnel working in the areas of prevention, student health, and safety.
1. Your participation is voluntary. It is also very important. The information you provide will help guide district and school efforts to promote safety, enhance learning supports, improve student achievement, and reduce health risks that stand as barriers to learning.
2. This is an anonymous survey. It is designed so that participating staff cannot be identified from the data. You do not have to respond to any questions that you feel could be used to identify you. Simply skip any such questions.
3. All questions apply to this school only.
4. The results are for the use of your district. CDE/CHKS will preserve data confidentiality and refer any data requests to the district.
5. On-line results. Demographic information is not reported at all if fewer than five staff take the survey at any reportable level.
INSTRUCTIONS FOR ACCESSING THE SURVEY
Access the login page for the survey using the following URL:
Use the following school code and click the Take Survey button:
School Code: RX47VJ
If you are having trouble taking the survey, please check the following:
= Make sure you are entering the web site address correctly
= Does the survey welcome page show the correct name of your school?
= Make sure you have entered the URL and School Code correctly
= Make sure that your survey window is open. You should be able to find the start date on this form. The window is open for 30 days from this date.
= Still having trouble? Contact your survey coordinator (Robyn Haber)
Thank you for taking this important survey!