One of the final gifts of the FLAP grant was a purchase of 15 ipads that we received just last week. My belief is that this technology will do the most good if is in the hands of teachers who have a well thought out plan to use the tool to further student engagement and learning. To that end, we are offering the ipads to the teachers who present the most promising grant application.
Here is the criteria that we will use to select the lead teachers
1. Clearly articulated use of ipads incorporating the gradual release of responsibility instructional model
2. Management Plan that defines how ipads will be utilized within the structures of the class.
3. Student use is primarily producing and creating content, engaging with content on the web, and collaborating within an outside the classroom.
4. Flexible plan that can incorporate the use of a few to all of the ipads.
4. Willingness to share what they are learning with their colleagues.
The following links will give you some ideas and apps for starting your thinking:
The grant is due Friday August 5th