We have budgeted $10,000 for Extended Day and, at this time, I’d like to consider proposals from Grade Levels for the use of this money during 1st quarter. Here is what you need to include in your proposal:
1) Number of kids served
2) How students are chosen
3) Content Area Focus
4) Instructional Routines employed
5) Days of Week and Time, Proposed Schedule including start and end dates within 1st quarter. (Start no earlier than August 13)
All proposals will be reviewed and feedback from the entire staff will be solicited so that the chosen Extended Day plans will be a reflection of the wants and needs of all staff members.
Here is one proposal that will be considered.
Imagine Learning Extended Day
1) Serves up to 31 students in computer lab
2) Students are chosen based on their CELDT Levels (1-3)
3) English Language Development
4) Imagine Learning Program
5) Four Days a week (Monday through Thursday) 30 minutes before school and after school. We would start August 13 and go for 4 weeks = Total Hours 16 hours.
With $1,000 we have approximately 100 hours of Extended Day that we can offer.
Proposals are due by Wednesday, August 8th.