We should really be able to start cutting back on paper costs next year!!!
1. Delgado, De Los Reyes, Jimenez
2. Chan, Dube, Kelly
3. Jones, Farrar, Allinger
The iPads are on campus and we will have them ready for deployment before Friday. The teams who did not get selected will be able to re-apply if and when we have more iPads available – a distinct possibility.
With those same PTG funds we have purchased 15 more iPads. I will be making these available to teams of 3 teachers. You need to write a simple proposal that explains two things.
1. How they will be used for student content creation
2. How the three teachers will share these devices so that they are in use all day.
Please enter your plan in this Google Spreadsheet by Friday, October 19.
Criteria for selection
1. Demonstrated ability to have students involved in content creation
2. Familiarity with apps that support content creation
3. Connected to teacher technology goal
3. Plan for iPad sharing that is…
One of the final gifts of the FLAP grant was a purchase of 15 ipads that we received just last week. My belief is that this technology will do the most good if is in the hands of teachers who have a well thought out plan to use the tool to further student engagement and learning. To that end, we are offering the ipads to the teachers who present the most promising grant application.
Here is the criteria that we will use to select the lead teachers
1. Clearly articulated use of ipads incorporating the gradual release of responsibility instructional model
2. Management Plan that defines how ipads will be utilized within the structures of the class.
3. Student use is primarily producing and creating content, engaging with content on the web, and collaborating within an outside the classroom.
4. Flexible plan that can incorporate the use of a few to all of the ipads.
4. Willingness to share what they are learning with their colleagues.
The following links will give you some ideas and apps for starting your thinking:
The grant is due Friday August 5th